Favorite Quotes & Verses

  • ..."Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened"...

Saturday, January 7, 2012

What is your mission?...

...To live a Christ-centered life by trusting in Him, connecting with others and seeking Him with all my heart.

Backstory:  One of Dave Ramsey's first newsletters of 2011 was about coming up with a personal mission statement. The one above just kind of fell into my lap when, on December 29, the question in my 5-year journal was "what are your top three wishes?" Then, when the "What is your mission?" question came up 3 days later, I realized they were the one in the same!

I was also listening to a sermon that Joe McGee gave at Church on the Move in Tulsa, OK about vision and that got me thinking about a 5-year vision statement. I'm not there yet. Right now, I just have my mission statement. Well, that and a whole list of things I'm looking forward to in 2012...

  • Using my re-usable bags more (even if it means going back to the car when I'm ready to check out at the register, which I've already had to do TWICE today)
  • Cooking with my new Staub Grill Pan! We'll see how it goes the rest of the year (heck, we'll see how it goes the rest of this month!), but the first "Staub Sunday" of 2012 resulted in a wonderfully delicious filet mignon!!!
  • De-cluttering and then investing/sinking some time and money into sprucing up my condo with new paint/wallpaper, a new bed, a new sofa and some closet organizers
  • This couch has been through the wringer...it's got cat scratches, tape residue (from trying to keep the cats from scratching) and two gashes! Definitely time for a new couch....anybody want this one? Haha! 
  • Meeting up with Suzanne once a week to do water aerobics
  • Volunteering more - - starting with a stint doing tax return preparation through the Center for Economic Progress
  • Exploring the Greek Isles with my mom on a Seabourn cruise
  • Trying out to more of Chicago's fabulous restaurants...even if it means that my friends with kids have to get a baby-sitter and drive to the city! Restaurant Week 2012 in February will be a great kick-start...who wants to join me?
  • Taking the Metra to work more regularly now that the construction on Lake Cook Road is finished!
  • Studying for the Certified Treasury Professional exam in June
  • Come up with a 5-year vision statement
That's 10 things, so I'll stop there before I get overwhelmed! Of course, the above list was in no particular order. Hope you're having a fabulous start to the new year!

So, what's your answer? Do you have a personal mission statement?

1 comment:

  1. Would love to help you with several of these things if you want help...Restaurant Week, Volunteering, Redecorating(!). I'll gladly eat filet if you need accountability. He he. And of course...your ride on the Metra. ;)

    ReplyDelete