Favorite Quotes & Verses

  • ..."Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened"...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

If you had to move to a new city, where would you move?...

...Riverwoods? No, really, New York City for the Broadway shows or Nashville?

Back Story: It's pretty hard to find a better place to live than Chicago, but the commute does get annoying. There are some really nice houses in Riverwoods, where I could just walk to work, but they're out of my price range.  I can only imagine a 5 minute commute! With an extra two hours a day, I would like to think that I'd work out and cook at home on a regular basis. I'd definitely have to come up with something else to fill those extra hours since none of my friends live out there (if they're not in the city, then they live in the western suburbs).

On the other hand, I've always thought that I'd like to live in NYC for just a year. When I first moved to Chicago, I made sure to regularly take advantage of all it has to offer. If there was a show I really wanted to see, I would go by myself if I had to. That doesn't happen so much anymore. Maybe it's because after spending 10 hours in a car each week, I don't want to waste time on a show that might not be 100% worth my time. I know that NYC would get old after a year or two, but that first year would be filled with lots of new experiences, including fabulous theater and restaurants (and no time in the car)!

Then again, if I HAD to make one more move for the rest of my life, I'd choose to move closer to my family. Nashville would win out over the other big southern cities close to Huntsville (Atlanta or Birmingham would be the other options). Not sure I could handle the "Rocky Top" anthem, but Nashville's also the home of Country music AND Christian music - my faves! On second thought, though, Atlanta is home to the headquarters of Chick-Fil-A...hmm.

So, what's your answer? If you had to move to a new city, where would you move?

1 comment:

  1. Tough question.....I do love Florida! Great weather, nice people, no income tax! I must say Denver was AMAZING when I was there working for 5 months!

    ReplyDelete